Last night as I tossed and turned in an effort to drift off, it hit me that my arsenal of firearms is missing something very important. My collection of guns does not include a Sasquatch rifle. I was somewhat stunned that this revelation had never came upon me until after the half century mark; how could I have made it as long as I had without a tool perfectly constructed to hunt Bigfoot?
Well, I gotta tell you, all chances for sleep quickly vanished and I found myself silently putting together the necessary elements of a Sasquatch rifle. This morning I decided to put pen to paper and codify the weapon system needed to take America’s most illusive creature. I quickly realized I had no clue where to start since I’ve never killed a Bigfoot. In fact, I’ve never seen one. Of course none of that seems to matter on the Internet, where anyone can spout off about hunting or shooting anything, regardless of their experiences.
So, I’m seeking assistance and if all of you can share your opinions, I’m sure I that I can combine those with my time afield and on the range to devise the perfect Bigfoot rifle. For starters, since we’re chasing what might ultimately turn out to be a mythical beast, we don’t want to spend a lot of money. So, I picked three affordable but reliable as the sun Mossbergs to start with. Tell me which one I should choose.
The Sasquatch Rifle
- Mossberg Patriot in .375 Ruger because you always need enough gun. (63%, 25 Votes)
- Mossberg MVP Scout because Jeff Cooper said a scout rifle was best. (25%, 10 Votes)
- Mossberg 464 SPX in .30-30 Winchester because no one has ever killed a Bigfoot with a wood stocked lever action. (13%, 5 Votes)
- Mossberg MMR 5.56 MM because you cannot be too tactical for Sasquatch. (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 40
And of course, you need an optical sight of some sort. I’m torn between a long-range scope and a close quarters battle optic. On one hand I don’t want to get within Bigfoots’ reach and on the other I’m not sure they come out in the open often. I do believe low light performance will be paramount so I’m leaning toward the latest wonder optic from Meopta. Again, help me out.
- Meopta R2 8x56mm with illuminated reticle because you can almost see in the dark with this thing. (36%, 13 Votes)
- Swarovski Z6i 1-6X24mm for close quarters, low light, and longer range. (28%, 10 Votes)
- XS Sights because if you’re going after Bigfoot you have to be a real man. (19%, 7 Votes)
- Vortex Crossfire II 2-7X32mm Scout Scope because Jeff Cooper said it was best. (17%, 6 Votes)
Total Voters: 36
Finally there is the question of ammunition; do you need special stuff to kill Bigfoot? I have opinion but would be interested in yours. AccuBonds have worked for me all over the world but are they what’s need for the ultimate quarry?
- Nosler AccuBonds because tissue destruction matters most. (33%, 12 Votes)
- Barnes Triple Shock bullets because you need deep penetration. (31%, 11 Votes)
- Buffalo Bore ammo of any sort because its "strictly business." (25%, 9 Votes)
- Hornady ELD-X bullets because its all about the tip. (11%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 36